Click Above to View Larger Images
The Barber Half Gainer is the dual channel version of Barber's very popular LTD series of ultra clear low gain overdrive. The Half Gainer adds new features for enhanced live performance. There is a new "mid character" control that simultaneously adjusts the midrange content and shifts the EQ curve to compliment the amount of midrange added or cut! Barber worked with pedal artist Bronson Wagner to achieve a very upscale graphic and paint presentation. Bronson tastefully applied Art Deco styling on a rich new silver vein powder coat, for beauty with significant durability. The sounds that emanate from Barber's overdrive instrument range from subtle purrs, to an authoritative sweet grind. The Midrange Character control allows you to set the tone control to a nearly flat EQ balance for BIG chords that match your clean tone magnificently, or dial in a sophisticated fatness to thicken your single note lines to perfection.
The Half Gainer has control features that include; two channels with fully independent adjustments of output volume and gain for each channel. This is a tremendous step up from simply boosting schemes often implemented by other pedal companies. There are a shared Tone and Midrange Character adjustments on top the Half Gainer to keep things simple for quick live settings. The Half Gainer also has internal trim pots made by CTS to facilitate bass and presence balancing. The Half Gainer achieves these two independent channels in an enclosure that is only 3.7" wide to save greatly on pedalboard space.
• Precision matched components-Using tight specifications to ensure symmetrical clipping and reduced intermodulation distortion. This allows complex chords to be heard with total definition and clarity at any level of overdrive.
• True bypass switching with led indicator- Each Barber pedal uses a high grade foot-switch, in addendum Solid 20 gauge copper hookup wire is used between the jacks and switching to create a transparent bypass.
• Full size pots- For durability and for easy serviceability if needed.
• Hand made-Barber makes the 1/2 Gainer one at a time and each one is initialed and dated by the craftsman.
• Volume knob response circuitry-Numerous shades and textures at your fingertips just by adjusting your volume knob.
• Cast aluminum enclosure-Solid aluminum structure made in the UK offers extreme durability for long life.
• Double sided pc board with plate through holes-The PCB Barber uses offer very long service life, and allow component replacement from the top.
• Unique pivot style 9 volt battery clip- Barber's Battery clip uses an eccentric pivot to swivel the battery clip in and out of the unit for durable long life operation.
• Midrange Character control-The 1/2 Gainer has a truly unique midrange circuit that allows you to go from flat response overdrive to string thickening midrange bliss.
• Barber adjustable phono style recovery stage- Most of Barber's op-amp based overdrive pedals use a cool old style phonograph circuit to recover the frequencies usually lost in the overdrive stage of lesser pedals, this worked great for vinyl and now works great for guitar overdrive!
• High quality components- Players have requested the use of carbon resistors, metalized polyester caps. These components were thought to be only available on the highest priced pedals. Players asked, and Barber delivered...no problem, no exaggerated "boutique builder" pricing.