In the 1960s a new guitar effect was introduced that would leave its mark on some of the most influential music ever made. Classic songs like Pink Floyds Breathe, Jimi Hendrixs Machine Gun and Star Spangled Banner live at Woodstock 1969", Robin Trowers Bridge of Sighs, and even modern day classics like Pearl Jams Alive all feature this unmistakable effect. First introduced under the Shin-ei and Univox name brands, the Uni-Vibe* effect has shaped some of the most famous guitar tones ever and to this day still inspires modulation/phasing/rotary sounds that are lush, original, and far from the typical route of safe and standard guitar effects. What sets the Unicorn apart from all other Uni-Vibe* circuits up till now is that we have for the first time ever added tap tempo control of the LFO rate as well as ratio, external tap control, and external expression of the speed. We are super proud of bringing all the magic of this classic circuit into the modern age without compromising the integrity of the all analog signal path, photo cell topology, and true classic invention that the 1960s gave us.
• Tap tempo control of the LFO rate as well as ratio, external tap control, and external expression of the speed.
• The first ever 100% analog signal path Uni-vibe* Photocell Modulator w/ Tap Tempo.
• Looking at the pedal you see four knobs: Volume, Depth, Speed, and Ratio.
• The "Tap/Exp" lets you plug in a TRS expression pedal like the M-Audio or any momentary tap control for some extra external control.
• The "Tap Out" setting lets you also connect the Unicorn to any other tap controlled pedal like our Panther Cub Delay, Emperor Chorus, etc to have those pedals control the Unicorn's tempo or vice versa.