Click Above to View Larger Images
• The Heart of this pedal is a NPN Germanium Transistor.
• Additional Gain Stage, a Darlington Pair of high gain silicon transistors for tons of volume output.
• True-Bypass--offers you a clean true signal when the pedal is off.
• Large Blue LED, a Killer Keeley Trademark!
• Silicon/Germanium Toggle switch.
• The "GE" mode is just raw and open sounding!
• Very Transparent and Dynamic.
• Internal Drive-Range Control.
• INTERNAL TONE CONTROL!
• Simple to setup and use as a Lead Boost!
• Use the Fuzz Head in conjunction with the Keeley TS9, BD-2, or DS-1 mods for a great dual pedal setup!
NOW A READERS CHOICE AWARD WINNER BY GUITAR PLAYER MAGAZINE READERS!!!
This might be what you've been looking for in an overdrive/fuzz box! The blend between the two is simply wonderful! The Fuzz Head is designed to work like Fuzz Face pedals that many players use as a LEAD BOOST. A Fuzz Face can be muddy, lacking note definition, too bassy, and lacking sustain. An overdrive sometimes doesn't give enough or is too smooth. In contrast, the Keeley design is transparent, has a better frequency response, and gives you that cutting edge for lead breaks.
The Fuzz Head Pedal is very transparent and dynamic. It takes the best qualities of the germanium designs and the overdrives. Roll back the volume on your guitar for clean sounds and a variety of tones, textures, and natural fuzz/overdrive!
The Internal Drive-Range Control lets you set up the range of the external drive control (FUZZ). Perfect for fine tuning light overdrive tones to raging Fuzz. It is simple to setup and use as a Lead Boost! Use the Fuzz Head in conjunction with the Keeley TS9, BD-2, or DS-1 mods for a great dual pedal setup!
Silicon/Germanium Toggle switch. This is like a gain/style switch. The "SI" mode inserts two diodes (one silicon and one germanium in parallel) in the distortion circuit so you can have a modern twist on a vintage sound. It increases the gain and compression a bit for more sustain and for more of an overdrive mode.
The new boards have an internal tone control. and is the best of all fuzzy-overdrive-lead boost pedals. This pedal after a BD-2 is a fantastic lead boost tool. Gotta BD-2? Try the FUZZ HEAD for your lead boost after it. Leave the BD-2 on, then just fire up the Fuzz.
This is great for overdriving tube amps or other overdrive pedals. Buffered output so that it can drive pedals or amps with a nice high current and low impedance signal.
With this setting, you'll have enough volume gain, and overdriving a Fender Twin is even possible!