MESA Pedals are built by the very same artisans that create the Award Winning Mark Five, the legendary Dual Rectifier and the new TransAtlantic TA-30. These pedals feature the same quality components, craftsmanship and inspiring performance as all of Mesa's custom amplifiers.
They’re all hand-built in Mesa's one and only shop in Petaluma California.... the Home of Tone! And every MESA pedal is backed by Mesa's legendary Customer Service and Mesa's long-standing commitment to musicians worldwide since 1969!
The THROTTLE BOX Distortion serves up all genres of ROCK with cut and aggression, but retains the signature warmth and organic sonic quality found in all our instruments. While its main strengths lie in higher-gain sounds, it’s also versatile and the lower gain options shouldn’t be overlooked for classic rock or howling blues. It also features a unique Mid Cut that scoops out midrange to produce the signature Boogie “V” EQ-curve that so many artists have employed in our amps to create the world’s heaviest guitar tones!
• Designed and Hand-Built in Petaluma, California, USA
• True Bypass On/Off Switching - Bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
• Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of classic to modern high-gain
• Lo/High Gain Switch provides classic crunch to modern meltdown
• Master Level Control provides a variable range of signal boost up to +20db
• Tone Control balances the amount of high frequencies
• Mid-Cut Control provides powerful mid-scoop for modern high-gain styles
• Internal EQ-Boost Switch provides added style/voicing option
• On/Off Status LED
• 9V Battery Powered or optional AC Powered via External Power Jack Input
• Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20 db)
• Dimensions (W/D/H): 2.87" x 4.77" x 2.28" (73mm x 122mm x 58mm)
• Weight: 0.865lbs (393g) with battery, 0.765lbs (347g) without battery
• True Bypass Switching
• Battery Type: 9VDC (one)
• Power Consumption (Current Draw): 9VDC/25mA
• AC Adapter (Optional): Power Jack 2.1mm x 5.5mm, 9VDC with Negative Center (Regulated Recommended)
• Input Impedance: 1M Ohm (500k Ohm minimum)
• Output Impedance: 10k Ohm