Click Above to View Larger Images
The Cali76 Transformer-Option works to provide the user with additional tone-options and connectivity.
This option brings things even closer to the original studio-classic by incorporating a custom iron-core output transformer (other tx options available) driven by a high-urrent Class-A transistor stage.
"Hgh" and "Low Gain" modes of operation allow the transformer to be pushed into saturation for subtle harmonic generation all the way to all-out grunge!
The Cali76 Transformer-Option features dedicated "Amplifier" and "Line/DI" outputs. The "Line/DI" is fully balanced and electronically isolated. The outputs are capable of driving the longest of cable runs and will integrate with any professional studio set-up, vintage or modern!
A ground-lift switch quickly fixes any rogue "hums" caused by annoying ground-loop interactions.
Origin offers two types of transformers. Their custom iron-core transformer or a top-of-the-line Lundahl (at an additional cost). Origion's prefererence is for the custom iron-core transformer which saturates nicely in "High-Gain" mode. The Lundahl is linear through and through, contributing no "core saturation" !!
• Class-A discrete output-amplifier driving transformer
• Dual, low-impedance outputs (via audio transformer)
• Unbalanced instrument-level output
• Balanced Line-DI output
• Ground-lift function to eliminate ground induced hum
• Gain-switch adjusts transformer saturation
• Auto-Shutdown - preserves battery operation
• PSU Spec. Min: 13mA @ 9V / 72mA @ 18V
• Suggested PSU Rating: 200mA for optimum start-up