TC Electronic Viscous Vibe Modulation Effects Pedal at a Glance:
• Digital Uni-Vibe tone like nothing you've heard
• TonePrint technology lets you craft your effect
• Digital flexibility meets analog fidelity
Digital Uni-Vibe tone like nothing you've heard
Using the full power of the onboard Freescale DSP engine to model the original circuitry in all its detail, TC Electronic's Viscous Vibe delivers offers you an emulation of a classic Shin-Ei Uni-Vibe that's so spot on, you'll hardly believe it's not analog. One thing that even vintage pedal collectors can appreciate about the Viscous Vibe, however, is the standard stompbox form factor, which sits neatly on your pedalboard. You get both the "vibe" chorus effect and the vibrato effect modes of the original, with speed and Intensity knobs that let you dial in the effect. Cooler still, you can even pull off classic speed-ramp-up effects by pressing and holding the footswitch.
TonePrint technology lets you craft your effect
While a few lucky guitarists can get their hands on an original Uni-Vibe, taking one apart just to tinker with the guts is virtually unheard of. The Viscous Vibe gives you that experience, without the harrowing feeling of ripping apart a priceless antique, thanks to TC Electronic's TonePrint technology. TonePrint lets you tweak all of the hidden parameters behind the Viscous Vibe's unique modulation effects, allowing you to venture into uncharted territories of tone. And if you're looking for inspiration, you can always load up one of the presets made by TC Electronic's cadre of celebrity guitarists.
Digital flexibility meets analog fidelity
DSP may be at the heart of the Viscous Vibe, but it certainly doesn't sound like a digital stompbox. That's because TC Electronic knows how important it is to marry high-quality analog circuitry with their impressive digital processing. For example, the Viscous Vibe's Analog-Dry-Through function ensures that your unaffected signal remains totally untouched, so you won't risk jeopardizing that killer tone you've spent so long perfecting. Also, you may have noticed that the Viscous Vibe's I/O is stereo, which also pretty handy. Finally, TC Electronic gives you the choice between buffered or true bypass, so depending on how many pedals you're running or how you've put your rig together, you'll always have the style of switching you want.
TC Electronic Viscous Vibe Modulation Effects Pedal Features:
• A fantastic Uni-Vibe modulation pedal clone that offers you a world of unique effects
• Choose between two classic modes, a shimmering vibe chorus or a timeless vibrato
• Speed and Intensity controls let you dial in your effect to taste
• Hold down the footswitch to trigger traditional speed-ramp-up effects
• Load up custom artist presets for the TonePrint library for access custom Uni-Vibe-inspired sounds
• TonePrint Editor software for Mac and Windows PCs lets you create your own unique modulation effects
• Stereo I/O with Analog-Dry-Through provides 2 channels of stunning analog sound
• Choose from buffered or true bypass via an internal switch