• Uniquely combines delay and clean boost, up to 9dB, in one pedal.
• Custom tailor a wide variety of delay styles, such as digital, tape and bucket brigade.
• Highly sensitive controls provide a broader range of tweakability and maximum flexibility.
• 100% analog Mix, Feedback, Tone and Level controls for warm, organic sounds.
• Up to 1000 milliseconds of continuously-variable delay time.
• Flutter introduces modulation which adds a slight shimmering/chorus-like effect of a vintage tape echo.
• Mix control ranges from 100% dry to 100% wet.
• 1megOhm high-impedance 1/4” input, same as traditional tube amplifiers.
• 1kOhm low-impedance 1/4” output drives long cables without loss of signal integrity, even in bypass.
• Custom, silent-switching actuator.
• Buffered bypass eliminates the shortcomings associated with “true bypass” (pops and clicks, and high-end loss when multiple pedals are connected together), as well as signal loss associated with other types of switching circuits.
• Heavy duty, all metal construction.
• Operable with 9V alkaline battery (not included) or optional DC power supply.
• Individual footswitch dedicated solely for Tap Tempo function avoids confusion during your performance. It gives you the ability to set it, even when it’s off, which aids coordination with your drummer.
• Triplets works in conjunction with the Tap Tempo. Engaged, it shifts the timing so triplets play in sync with the actual tempo.
• Trails works in conjunction with bypass and allows the natural decay of the delay signal rather than cutting it off abruptly.
• Feedback control has greater sensitivity and can be thrown into a state of self-oscillation. It’s great for gigs when the Klingons are in town.
Analog Delay Emulator with Clean Boost
Tech 21 brings a fresh perspective to the standard delay pedal. By incorporating a clean Boost function, up to 9dB, your solos will jump out with greater dimension. The Boost D.L.A. is designed with user-tweakable, “lo-fi” analog technology. By manipulating the controls, you can infuse degrees of warmth and life characteristic of vintage delays. The circuitry intentionally injects the inherent imperfections of vintage units, which is what makes them so seductive and nostalgic. A single, continuously-variable Time control provides a full sweep, up to 1000 milliseconds, of delay. The Boost D.L.A. parameters are engineered so that you can explore and custom tailor such delay styles as digital, vintage tape and bucket brigade.
Tech 21’s Boost D.L.A. with Tap Tempo offers an abundance of easy-to-use, intuitive controls in an incredibly compact pedal -- and it’s battery operable, to boot. All of the features are truly useful, not simply a bunch of clever ploys that are overkill and that you’ll rarely, if ever, have a need or desire for.