Click Above to View Larger Images
• High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
• Completely true bypass
• Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
• Boost switch alters gain structure to take it from overdrive to distortion.
• High gain, crunchy and dynamic pedal
• Extremely tweakable EQ
• Can do scooped mids to 'honky' mids to lo-fi
• High boost switch for using with amps that are not very bright and sparkly clean
• Ultra-bright LED's for ease of use
• 2.5" x 4.5"
• Powder coated durable finish
• Designed to get the best EVH "brown sound" possible within a pedal design
For sound samples click here
Zeke Clark, Edward Van Halen's longtime renowned guitar tech played through a pinnacle and this is what he had to say:
“I've played tons of pedals that promised that “Brown Sound”... this pedal NAILS it better than anything I've ever heard or played.”
-Zeke Clark, former tech for Eddie Van Halen
Sometimes you need extreme gain, sometimes you need mild overdrive...this pedal does that with an awesome “Brown Sound”! It has an extremely tweakable EQ - from scooped mids to tons of warm mids, all with the turn of 2 knobs.
This pedal has 4 knobs -- two separate tone controls that act as a sort of parametric EQ, gain and volume. It also has a 'bright' switch that adds a ton of variety and is very handy when playing a dark sounding amp, as well as another toggle switch that will give you high gain “Brown Sound” tones.
Pinnacle v. Pinnacle “deluxe”
The Pinnacle and Pinnacle Deluxe share the same great tone. The difference comes in the form of a couple special features found on the Deluxe version that make it more involved for Wampler to make, but which add some extra versatility for you. While the standard Pinnacle has a toggle switch to control its Gain Boost, the Pinnacle Deluxe has that same functionality on a foot switch, so you can kick it in without having to bend down in the middle of a song. The only other difference is that the Pinnacle Deluxe has an additional, internal volume adjustment (just in case you need to go to “11” on the output volume). Because of the added switch, the Pinnacle Deluxe is a little bit larger than the standard Pinnacle, something to keep in mind if you're running a packed pedal board.
Which Pinnacle is right for you isn't a question of tone, because they both nail that coveted “Brown Sound”..! It just comes down to whether you need the special features found on the Pinnacle Deluxe, or prefer the smaller footprint of the standard Pinnacle.