EVH Wolfgang Special Electric Guitar - Ebony Fretboard - Red, Black, and White Stripes
Eddie Van Halen's 35 years of experience and knowledge are brilliantly reflected in the EVH Wolfgang Special solidbody electric guitar. Direct-mounted EVH Wolfgang humbuckers yield tremendous girth and bite, in addition to incredible resonance and sustain. This guitar's graphite-reinforced quartersawn maple neck was carved and rolled to Eddie's exacting standards, creating insane levels of playability. You'll be amazed at how quickly this guitar's D-Tuna shifts it to Drop D tuning and back. The EVH Wolfgang Special solidbody electric guitar reflects a commitment to quality worthy of the extraordinary guitarist it's named after.
From its basswood body to its maple neck and ebony fingerboard, this guitar just screams quality - and that's just the tonewoods! This gorgeous guitar is made for serious playing, with a compound-radius fingerboard, an EVH Floyd Rose bridge and locking nut, and direct-mounted EVH humbuckers. The controls are top-notch too: you get a handy 3-way pickup selector switch and low-friction volume and tone pots for total control over your tone and volume. All the components come together to make a guitar that looks absolutely stunning and plays even better.
The neck is one of the most important aspects of any instrument, which is why this EVH Wolfgang Special features a quartersawn maple neck. Besides looking good, the straight grain of quartersawn necks is significantly more stable than plain-sawn necks and less likely to warp, twist, or shrink. You'll also love the playability and feel of the compound-radius fretboard on this Wolfgang Special. The fretboard radius goes from 12" at the nut to a comfortable and flat 16" radius on the upper frets.
First gaining popularity in the 1980s, the Floyd Rose tremolo's locking design keeps your guitar in tune, even if you like to perform extreme pitch pyrotechnics. You can force the whammy bar all the way down to the guitar's body for psychotic dive-bombing. You can pull the whammy bar up to the stratosphere, raising your tone by as much as a seventh. No matter how hard you're shredding, you'll maintain your tuning stability, thanks to the Floyd Rose tremolo's locking design. On top of that, you can easily switch to Drop D tuning, courtesy of the Wolfgang Special's D-Tuna tremolo device!
• Solidbody electric guitar designed by rock legend Eddie Van Halen
• Basswood body and dual EVH pickups deliver resonant tone, sustain, and crunch
• Compound-radius fingerboard allows for exceptional speed and comfort
• EVH-branded Floyd Rose tremolo allows for twisting, bending, and dive-bombing
• D-Tuna tremolo device gives you instant Drop D tuning
• Belly cut allows the guitar to fit comfortably against your body
• Body Type - Solidbody
• Body Shape - Wolfgang
• Left-/Right-handed - Right-handed
• Number of Strings - 6
• Body Material - Basswood
• Body Finish - Satin Urethane
• Color - Striped
• Neck Material - Maple, Bolt-on
• Neck Shape - Wolfgang Backshape
• Radius - 12"-16" compound
• Fingerboard Material - Ebony
• Fingerboard Inlay - Pearl dot inlays
• Number of Frets - 22, jumbo
• Scale Length - 25.5"
• Nut Width - 1.625"
• Nut Material - Floyd Rose R2 locking
• Bridge/Tailpiece - EVH-branded Floyd Rose locking tremolo w/ D-Tuna
• Tuners - EVH-branded Gotoh chrome tuners
• Number of Pickups - 2
• Neck Pickup - Wolfgang direct mounted humbucker
• Bridge Pickup - Wolfgang direct mounted humbucker
• Controls - 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 3-way pickup selector
• Strings - EVH-branded (.009-.042)
• Case Included - Sold separately
• Manufacturer Part Number - 5107701515