The Scuzz Box shines in two distinct modes: Scuzz and Fuzz. The Fuzz mode is your go-to, highly listenable sound with top-notch fuzz. Designed to shine through and stand out, this mode is perfect for soloing and long wailing tones, clear enough even for power chords.
The Scuzz mode is where this pedal gets gnarly, dangerous and unpredictable. It delivers a velcro-type gating fuzz with a highly distinct ripping texture and an 8-bit tone.
The Buffer eliminates unwanted oscillation and helps retain clarity, reducing passive signal loss in longer cables. We've made it truly bypassable for easy access.
The Scuzz Box is built on discrete transistors technology with a high-precision circuit for the highest performance, with added internal elements in the bias. Like all KHDK pedals, the Scuzz Box is proudly crafted and quality-tested in Kentucky, USA.
• FUZZ makes your signal overdriven, dirty and massive. Higher settings increase the distortion and sustain of tone. Lower settings have great dynamics and pick sensitivity.
• DEEP controls the amount of lows going into the Scuzz Box and dramatically influences the overall dynamics, defining the character of the tone before the gain stage. It allows you to match your guitar, pedal and amp to harmonize as a perfect trio. Deep determines whether the tone is fat and massive or overdrive-like with a faster attack. At the lowest setting, the bass remains tight. At the highest setting you can achieve a boomy bass overload with endless sustain.
• VOLUME sets the output volume of the pedal. Warning: at higher settings, the Scuzz Box has a massive output. This pedal gets LOUD!
• TONE is a natural hi-cut control with a very wide range. Turn it clockwise for more high end, turn it counterclockwise to cut highs.
• The SCUZZ/FUZZ switch – The dramatic character of the Scuzz Box shines in its two distinct modes: Scuzz and Fuzz. The FUZZ is a highly dynamic, articulate fuzz tone. Every note is meant to be heard and it cleans up beautifully with your guitar volume.
• The SCUZZ brings a dangerous, unique and biting sound. It is an unpredictable, ruckus velcro-type gated fuzz with a nasty, gnarly and buzzy tone with ripping textures. Thanks to a cleverly-used gating effect, the sustaining notes die quickly with virtually no residual noise. The final sound is mercurial and oscillating with tinges of 8-bit. It’s pretty wild. Note that the Scuzz is too powerful and the sound too highly compressed to be controlled by your guitar’s volume. It can be silent or extremely loud: nothing in between.
• BUFFER eliminates the unwanted oscillation that may occur with effects placed in front of the Scuzz Box. The switch helps retain clarity and eliminates passive signal loss in longer cables. There are no rules for having the Buffer On or Off - let your ears be the judge.
• The KHDK Scuzz Box is best powered by an external 9V DC (center negative) power supply. Alternatively, insert a single 9V battery. You can access the battery connection by unscrewing the bottom plate of the pedal enclosure. It is time to change your battery when your LEDs no longer glow.
• Bypass mode: True Bypass
• Dimensions: 120 x 65 x 40 mm deep (Width x Depth x Height)
• Input Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Output Connector: Type Standard ¼” jack – mono/TS
• Power Input: Standard 9V Battery or 9V DC (center negative) power supply.