Click Above to View Larger Images
Wampler Thirty Something Overdrive Pedal 2017
After over 3 years in the design stage, the Thirty Something is the perfect way to bring that famous British chime to your rig.
After tweaking this circuit for just over 3 years, Brian was beyond happy to have finally nailed that classic chime and style of overdrive. This has become somewhat of a mission for use, other pedals have come and gone, but this one has always been on the breadboard; being tweaked here and modified there. Finally they were ready to present one of his favorite tones of all time to the world.
What makes those amps so special? Well, first of all there is the “chime” – A beautifully clear and concise high response that cuts through anything. Then there is the overdrive. When you push it hard (with the boost switch activated) the tone creates a midrange hump that makes your tone enormous but with enough clarity to hear every string ring through. The Thirty Something truly is a master class in tone.
As you would expect from Wampler Pedals, great care has been taken to ensure authenticity of tone. The EQ features a Top Cut control that reacts and removes the same spectrum of frequencies you would expect from the originals. Switchable gain stages allow you a much clearer tone right up to the “that” beautiful, almost regal overdrive.
With the built in Class A treble boost, this really is the ultimate pedal of its kind.
• Built in the U.S.A
• Relay true bypass with soft switch
• Top mounted input and output jacks
• Battery connection and 9v power jack
• Power draw: Between 13mA (9v) and 21mA (18v)
• Controls: Volume, Gain, Bass, Treble, Top Cut and Boost Level Class A pre-gain boost (treble) to give an authentic overdriven tone
• Boost can be used when main pedal is off to drive amp/other pedals
• 3.5? x 4.5? x 1.5? (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches